How many tanks is to much?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Lol that's awesome. I'm not sure I'm willing to press my luck with the wife that much yet lol.

I would love to take one large room downstairs and set it up with nothing but aquariums. Six or seven different ones with different themes. I think that would be a wonderful place to relax and hide :)

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Im an electrician so power is no problem I have 4 20amp slots in my house for fishtanks with a generator backup if the power is out. :)

We are installing a natural gas powered generator in our house next month, now that typhoon and power outage season is upon us. Most expensive but also most convenient and reliable option.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Aquarium Advice mobile app

You have too many tanks when you have no place but the back of the toilet to put another one

I have 9 running and my mother has 3 running. I have several tanks in storage unfortunately. I say it's what you have time for and can feed etc. Mine are on 3 floors of the house and in different rooms. I like to be able to see the fish where ever I am in the house.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

My wife won't let me have one in the bedroom. She says they are too messy and she doesn't want to wake up to dead fish.
I'm heartbroken since I had to give up my 225 gallon SW tank in my office when I sold the company. I now am working on a 9 gallon nano Dutch aquascape in my home office (soon to be the grandchilds room as well)

Any ideas on how to convince her that it's a good idea? She remembers the mess my SW tank made when maintenance was done and the salt creep all over the floor.

My dad wants to know how your wives manage to limit your tanks so he can take notes. We just ignore him here. Lol

It's mysterious. I think it's gear of her ability to stop cooking. Also probably because she's right. I do make a mess when cleaning, pruning and overall playing.

Does everyone else make a mess ?? If it's in the bedroom how do you keep it clean ?

My dad wants to know how your wives manage to limit your tanks so he can take notes. We just ignore him here. Lol

My wife complained about all my tanks until she saw the money they brought in from the fish I was breeding. Case closed. :brows: :dance:

(y)

It's mysterious. I think it's gear of her ability to stop cooking. Also probably because she's right. I do make a mess when cleaning, pruning and overall playing.

Does everyone else make a mess ?? If it's in the bedroom how do you keep it clean ?

AH OK. I do all the cooking here. LOL As an adult child living with the parents I guess I get away with more than say someone in high school.

As far as mess, there is no carpet in my house, the floors are wood except in my room its laminate and in the basement just concrete. I do make a huge mess in the basement but I'm extra careful in the rest of the house and if I do spill water I towel or mop it up right away. I even bought plastic mats for my bedroom so the water wouldn't get on the floor. I guess if you have carpet that's a whole different issue.

My wife complained about all my tanks until she saw the money they brought in from the fish I was breeding. Case closed. :brows: :dance:

(y)

LOL Andy! If only I could get my peacocks to stop eat their eggs and fry I would be in business! (at least I keep saying that at any rate)

What pushed me over the edge when I had a lot of tanks was when I could not finish weekly water changes in single day.

Yep carpeting. My argument is the dogs have already made a mess of it over the years. It can't be any worse.

She says just take a look at my home office carpet now. All kinds of stains. Flourish, water, peroxide, and that's with a nano.

If I could make money off of it I think I could win her over. Not ready for that yet. Maybe a money maker in basement and show tank in BR. Need to get much more experience first.

Well I hope you can reach a compromise. Maybe she will find a hobby you don't like and you can gain some leverage that way.

Haha. Very good. Any suggestions?

well shoes for one. A lot of people have a thing for shoes. If she spends a lot of money on any certain category of things. Any collectibles or such?

Not so much anymore. BUT POCKET BOOKS!!' That's a different story. Except the ones she wants are sooo expensive. One of those bags would be the cost of a 100 gallon marine with full setup. No way anymore.

Back
Top Bottom