how many types of LED?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msuhaizie

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hey guys.. I want to ask u about type of LED.. How many type of LED can be used in sw tank? Or all LED products that we have got same behavior?

Not all LEDs will give you acceptable PAR readings. You need high-power LEDs in the right spectrum. Any LED below 1W in power is pretty much useless for any tank where you're concerned about PAR readings.

I have ten 3W LEDs in the 6500K range over a planted 20H. I've never taken PAR readings, but I can grow pretty much anything I want in that tank.

BigJim said:
Not all LEDs will give you acceptable PAR readings. You need high-power LEDs in the right spectrum. Any LED below 1W in power is pretty much useless for any tank where you're concerned about PAR readings.

I have ten 3W LEDs in the 6500K range over a planted 20H. I've never taken PAR readings, but I can grow pretty much anything I want in that tank.

What do u mean by 6500K?

Remsset said:
Where did u get ur led lights from

From petshop.. I live in Malaysia.. Marine tank not so popular.. Quite hard to look for the best supplier in my state..

I built my LED fixture. I got the parts from dealextreme.com, the hardware store, and Radio shack.

6500K refers to the Kelvin color temperature of the light. Lower numbers mean a redder light, higher numbers a bluer light. 6500K is good for freshwater plants. For a marine tank, you'll want at least 10000K.

Check out the link in my signature. I've got a fairly detailed description of the build and pictures.

Back
Top Bottom