How much does a 280g empty tank weigh?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

e_murray

Aquarium Advice Freak
I am thinking of buying this tank and I need to know how much it weighs so I can figure out how to move it. It will be a long trip so I cant just get a buddy to stop by and help real fast.

any thoughts?

Cant find much just surfing the web, most everything tells me how much the water weighs.

Thanks, but this is 280 gallons not 180
Not sure what the difference in weight would be but this gives an idea! Thanks.

Thanks, but this is 280 gallons not 180
Not sure what the difference in weight would be but this gives an idea! Thanks.
Well my 125 weighs roughly 225-250 dry.....so I'd imagine 350-400lbs for a 280 dry.......weight doesn't even come up in buying discussions with me. If there was a 280g around here that I could snatch.....I'd do it in a heartbeat

Prob Is getting it in the truck, I don't have much help because it's 3 hours away.

Yeah, my bad on that.

I'm betting it weighs closer to 500 pounds. It's hard to compare though cause it probably has thicker glass. And if the bottom may be tempered will change it a bit too.

I'm sure it'll take no less than a couple to few people lifting this thing up. Good luck what that.

Yeah its gonna be a monster, a tank that size though will have thick glass..perhaps rent an appliance dolly and take a lot of blankets, you could get that badboy in the bed of a truck:) just gotta think smart about it.

Definitely use a dolly to move it, and if it was me, I would use a come a long and ramp ( a few 2 x 4s and a piece of plywood) to get it into the bed of the truck rather than try to lift it. I loaded a tow behind cement mixer with 2 flat tires onto my pickup this way, by myself. A friend who acquired a 350 for free, hired piano movers to move the tank for him.

Back
Top Bottom