How much should I offer for this tank & stand?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I hate to say but most of the tanks on Craigslist are in rough shape, scratches, nicks, broken supports, and damage on the stands. Ive gotten lucky once but it seems that a true hobbyist who tanks pride in their tanks are not selling them. Or the other thing they're selling everything for retail prices like the stuff is gold.

Yeah I had high hopes for this one because on the phone he mentioned two other large tanks they had taken down as well, so I thought maybe they were legit and just really needed the $$.

I hate to say but most of the tanks on Craigslist are in rough shape, scratches, nicks, broken supports, and damage on the stands. Ive gotten lucky once but it seems that a true hobbyist who tanks pride in their tanks are not selling them. Or the other thing they're selling everything for retail prices like the stuff is gold.

We got a great deal on CL to setup our GSP tank, but you're right, some people are a bit off the mark lol.

Yeah I had high hopes for this one because on the phone he mentioned two other large tanks they had taken down as well, so I thought maybe they were legit and just really needed the $$.

I need a 55 w/stand and I'm finding everything but that :banghead:. You'll have better luck on the next one :D.

Both of our tanks were found on CL and are almost pristine. The 75 gallon was a lady who wanted the space for a new couch. Paid less for it than the live rock in it was worth and it came with everything including livestock. The 125 gallon was a guy who needed space in his fish room for the 500 gallon he was already doing concrete work for. 150 bucks for it.

I have had both good and bad experiences on CL. The bad ones were early on before I knew what to look for. Lately I have had no issues, make sure you carefully look it over. If you are careful you can save a lot of money buying used.

Back
Top Bottom