How reliable are Tetra Whisper Heaters?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tetra Whisper Heaters

• Good

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • So and so

• Bad

• Total voters

fishb0ne

Aquarium Advice Activist
I've got a couple of Tetra Whisper Heaters, same model, 50w rated for 2 and up to 15 galons. Had them for about 4 months now, they keep my tanks at a nice and constant 78*F.
Hit the internet for some reviews but haven't found much. Are these reliable heaters or should I start looking elsewhere? I'd hate to wake up one morning and find my fish boiled.

A lot of people, including myself, don't really like Tetra products because of how cheap they are. However, the heaters have never given me a good reason to not like them.

I inherited a couple of 1-2yr old ones when I bought my 46g. I put them in a 20L to aid w/ a science fair expt. One's dead, the other one isn't looking too trustworthy. They've both shed a lot of the black stuff.

The only Tetra products I'd recommend are the Whisper filters for <10g tanks, some of their airpumps & Tetramin flakes.

I have a couple tetra heaters and have had no problems with them at all. I only use them as back ups and to heat my new SW for PWCs but they work very well for me for what I use them for. I wouldn't chuck them just because they say tetra on them, however I would invest in a couple of good heaters...HTH

Mine was an "extra" heater and it died after about a couple hours of continuous use.

Heater

I had a Tetra Wisper go on me. It wouldn't turn on. I would unplug it and it would turn on for a few seconds and then just go off again even though the water temp was way below 78 degrees.

Back
Top Bottom