How to Cure ich

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

floridaman

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have a planted 75 gallon tank and trying to figure out what would be best to use that won't hurt my plants.. would API be ok

Heat method could be tried. This method needs to be started at first sign of ich as the ich will get worse while you are gradually lifting the temp up to 86F.

My experience with meds or salt is that after say 4 days the plants start to suffer. Perhaps others can comment more though.

Yea I just can't raise it that high because of my plants .. they will melt quick at that temp. I have it around 79 80 right now and I contacted api and other users that have tried api Ali and they said they had no issues .. so I'm giving that a shot. It's only 2 fish that are showing it right now and so far they don't look worse and none of my other show any signs but Im Keeping a close on it.. thank you though

Good luck! Keep us posted.

Triple sulpha will work and I've used that with no plant issues but it is too slow.

I wish to know of your progress. Also what is the product you will be using? I have just noticed that in my 75g planted tank, 2 fish so far have contracted ich.
So I will be going to the pet store tomorrow and pick up some the API medicine.
Let me know how it works for you and effect (if any) on plants.

Thanks

So far plants seem to ok, ich isn't as bad anymore it don't seem, I do another dose this afternoon, I'll keep you posted

IMG_2421.jpg

These plants were all in tank several weeks ago when I had to treat for Ich. Used the ATI medication as directed and have seen no ill effects of the plants.

Back
Top Bottom