Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 05-24-2012, 06:35 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie

How to give away a 55 tank

This is possibly a very silly question but I need to give away my 55 freshwater tank. It has 2 tinfoils and 2 danios. It has all the equipment and works just fine but it's taking up too much room.

So, how do I go about giving it away including the fish? Or should I give away the fish first, tear down the tank, then give it away? Also, should I list it on Craig's list for my city or is there a better place to list it?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Old 05-24-2012, 07:02 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice FINatic

You could list it in the classified section of an aquarium forum, or craigslist is a good place. I got my two of my tanks from Craigslist; one of them came with the fish. In the ad you could ask I'd anyone wants free fish, if you give them away then you could tear down your tank and take time selling it.

Old 05-24-2012, 07:16 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Thank you for your answer. When you got the tank with the fish, did you bring everything you would need to take it? Did you discuss this with the person you got it from before hand so things would go smoothly? I really don't want the hassle of selling it--I just want someone to come and take it away.
Old 05-24-2012, 07:18 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anitra Lynn McLeod
Thank you for your answer. When you got the tank with the fish, did you bring everything you would need to take it? Did you discuss this with the person you got it from before hand so things would go smoothly? I really don't want the hassle of selling it--I just want someone to come and take it away.
Where are you located maybe one of us on the forum can help you with your dilemma
Old 05-24-2012, 07:23 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunchbox209

Where are you located maybe one of us on the forum can help you with your dilemma
Thats what i was thinking. So. Ill here.
Old 05-24-2012, 07:24 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Send a message via Yahoo to George9
Quote:
Yeah, I'd discuss it with the taker before you bring the fish over there. If you sell with fish, I'd take the fish out, drain tank, leave the substrate but take decor out. Then bring all the stuff over to the taker and let him set it all up unless you're a good person and you want to help them set it up, you could do that too lol
Old 05-24-2012, 07:49 PM   #7
Aquarium Advice Newbie

I'm in Salt Lake City, Utah.

And thanks all for the help.
Old 05-24-2012, 07:59 PM   #8

Oh this sucks I'm in Texas and am trying to find a steal on a 55 setup lol so unlucky..
Old 05-24-2012, 08:02 PM   #9
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Aw, sorry about that. But hopefully it will makes someone's day.
Old 05-25-2012, 10:57 AM   #10
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Yes. When I called about the ad in Craigslist I found they were moving and wanted to get rid of their whole setup including the fish. They were less than an hour away, so I brought a large cooler limed with a trash bag that I put in the backseat of my SUV. Tank and stand fit in the back.

The only pain was that they didn't start emptying the tank until I got there. Good luck.

Tags
tan, tank

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com