How to lower noisey skimmer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ok so the more the better?

the stronger the solution, the faster it breaks things down. have you tried to scrap the coraline algae from any equipment before? if so, you know how hard it is sometimes. the vinegar solution breaks it down and softer to the point where you can literally pick it off using your finger. the stronger the better, but you don't want an overkill. keep it 1:3-4. can't remember the reason why tho, but it's good not to over-do it.

the stronger the solution, the faster it breaks things down. have you tried to scrap the coraline algae from any equipment before? if so, you know how hard it is sometimes. the vinegar solution breaks it down and softer to the point where you can literally pick it off using your finger. the stronger the better, but you don't want an overkill. keep it 1:3-4. can't remember the reason why tho, but it's good not to over-do it.

Ok i will. Yes i have tried scraping coraline off and it is a pain! So would 3-4 hours be enough? And after that i just rinse off with tap water right?

Ok i will. Yes i have tried scraping coraline off and it is a pain! So would 3-4 hours be enough? And after that i just rinse off with tap water right?

i'm not sure about that since i don't own your skimmer. this is what i do: prepare the vinegar solution and let the unit running for few hrs. then turn it off and leave the skimmer in the solution overnight. the next morning i will have another bucket with tap water and put the skimmer in the bucket. let it run for a 1hr and then completely disassemble everything, scrub, and rinse it off

i'm not sure about that since i don't own your skimmer. this is what i do: prepare the vinegar solution and let the unit running for few hrs. then turn it off and leave the skimmer in the solution overnight. the next morning i will have another bucket with tap water and put the skimmer in the bucket. let it run for a 1hr and then completely disassemble everything, scrub, and rinse it off

Sounds good. Will the tank be ok without it for 2 days?

Ok thanks. Is there a experation date on the motors? Should you ever replace them?

motors don't have expiration date on them. you replace them when they die or you feel the water isn't coming into your skimmer as strong, which can be caused by damaged shafts on the impeller.

Back
Top Bottom