How to reduce flow for beta

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AC-X2

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a 5 gallon tank with a filter and a beta in it. I've heard betas don't like strong currents. He seems to fight it a lot. Is there a way to reduce the flow? It's some kind of under the hood biowheel setup.

Thanks!

For HOB filters there really isn't any way to fix it without modding the filter other than raising the water level as much as possible. I ended up having to buy a canister filter with a spray bar to make it safe for my betta.

For HOB filters there really isn't any way to fix it without modding the filter other than raising the water level as much as possible. I ended up having to buy a canister filter with a spray bar to make it safe for my betta.

It's not exactly a hob, but works similar. I guess I'll just keep the water up then.

Sorry - I should have posted a link. This article explains how to make one. It's basically a plastic water bottle with the top and bottom cut off and a slit along one side, clipped over the outflow part of the HOB. It fits nicely on my Aquaclear, not sure if it will work for all HOBs. I attached mine with a single cable tie through a little hole in the top.

Step-By-Step Filter Baffle

Sorry - I should have posted a link. This article explains how to make one. It's basically a plastic water bottle with the top and bottom cut off and a slit along one side, clipped over the outflow part of the HOB. It fits nicely on my Aquaclear, not sure if it will work for all HOBs. I attached mine with a single cable tie through a little hole in the top.

Step-By-Step Filter Baffle

Thanks, I'll see what I can do.

I made one of these and it works like a charm! Thanks again!

Back
Top Bottom