How to reduce flow in a eheim 2217 ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

candymancan

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Just got my eheim 2217 for my 44g pentagon.. Good filter so far.. no leaks.. didn't have any issues priming it.. However due to my tanks shape the outflow is too much.. using the spray bar or not.. or pointing the bar upwards or again the glass.. it blows my fish around in one spot or another in the tank..

How do I fix this ? I've heared drilling the spray bar holes bigger will fix it.. Is this true ? Or cant I just turn one of the outlet valves down some ? I tried this and it worked.. only had to turn it slightly and flow is much better now.. But I am worried this will cause damage to the motor by causing too much pressure or strain on it...

What do you guys think I should do ?

It's probably not a good idea to turn the output down. Adding more media if you have room will slow the flow. Or you could drill holes on the opposite side of the spray bar so water flows in both directions.

If you've read through many threads you'd known that drilling the spray bar is exactly what needs to be done to reduce flow;)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom