How to set up in airpump?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gabysapha

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I'm embarrassed to ask but here it goes. How do I set up an air pump with just one outlet to allow me to put airstones in 2 tanks? The air pump came with a bunch of little plastic tubes and t-shaped thingies and I just want to know what the correct set up is?

You attach some air tube to the outlet on the pump then put one of the T-valves on to break it into 2 lines then you have one for each tank. If you want more than one stone per tank, just do the same things with the T-valves.

Here's a pic of my pump with a T-valve. I have 2 outlets with only one stone so I did the opposite of you but it works the same way.

Attachments

• image-1800278512.jpg
    image-1800278512.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 85
Oh ok thanks everyone! I'll try to work that out right now....

And thank you so much for the picture! Very thoughtful!

I always turn to you guys whenever I need help. It never fails :)

Yes, there are some very thoughtful and experienced aquarists on these forums. I am learning a great deal here. The quality of information is superior to anything else I have found on the Internet.

Here's a pic of my pump with a T-valve. I have 2 outlets with only one stone so I did the opposite of you but it works the same way.
Set up that way actually decreases the air flow compared to running both lines separately. You don't actually need an airstone on the end of the hose unless the bubbling noise is too loud/bothers you. Try running just one line directly and see how much difference there is compared running both lines into the tee. I tried the same thing with a larger air pump (Whisper AP 300) and then ran the lines separately to get more flow.
I usually do split each line into 2 tanks with a tee though, and use the single inline air valves to regulate/balance the air flow.

Back
Top Bottom