how to tell if an rf membrane is bad?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hackteck

Aquarium Advice Addict
ive had this ro system since february and for some reason the last couple days the pressure gets built up so much that it pops the valve off the sink ive narrowed it down to the rf membrane chamber will the rf membrane going bad make the pressure build up like this? it was working fine before the last 3-4 days so its nothing thats changed i dunno what else could be causing the pressure to build up in the unit so much i emptied all the chambers and started it up the first two chambers fill up fine then when it gets to rf chamber it starts leaking where its screwed at the sink then the pressure starts building then it pops off

Have u tried cleaning the membrane u do that by swapping the bad water and good water hoses at least that's how my old one worked

no i didnt try that one actually i'll try that and post back

If u still have ur instructions it would be best to check on them to see how to properly clean ur unit and maybe check the troubleshooting guid in the back or check the manufactures guide online and see

yea the instructions dont mention this problem and that didnt work either dunno what else to try

I'm not sure maybe undo the line going into the membrane and see if it's clogged

I'm not sure maybe undo the line going into the membrane and see if it's clogged

i just fixed it i think it hasnt come off yet i took everything apart and resat everything then put it back together

Since the RO works at pressure, the problem is at the connection to the sink. It should stay connected. Pressure cannot build up beyond what the supply pressure is.

Back
Top Bottom