how to use siphon?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

abrage22

Aquarium Advice Freak
I've got a marina siphon for my freshwater tank. I've read the instructions, i've watched every flippin video on youtube, but my siphon does nothing. helpp!!

fill the top and wait for 75% to go down the tube then put it in the water fast thats what i do with mine

easy way... suck on the hose for just a sec, then immeditately aim towards bucket. That whole bounce up and down in the tank is just a ridiculous method IMO. I've never used a marina siphon, but google indicates is a squeeze bulb? Make sure its on correctly. The wrong way will not work, as its a one way valve I would assume.

yeah, honestly i've tried both of those methods. idk, i just can't get the darn thing to work.

if the tank has enough room to work in, I put the entire tube down into the water, get all the air out, and then bring one side of the hose out and as soon as it gets below the water level it will empty into the bucket.

Well now my aquaclear filter decided to stop working. Guess ill be returning both items tonight

Make sure you put the squeeze thing in the right direction! I accidentally reversed mine when I went to clean it (there are arrows on it so you get it right - ya right) and ended up splashing water everywhere since it didn't suck - it pushed air into the tank which caused water to go everywhere! It was like being in the pool and splashing myself. Seriously, I felt like such an idiot. I reversed it and bam...worked beautifully when I pressed the squeeze bottle thingee.

Back
Top Bottom