humidity problems

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ohio reefer

Aquarium Advice Freak
i have a 120 gal aquarium, 100 gal sump, and a 55 gal refugium. the aquarium is lit by mh's. with all this it makes my basement very humid. does anyone else have this problem? what do you guys think i should do to beat this humidity and stop the threat of ruining my live in basement and the furnace.

thanks so much

mark

dehumidifier all the way.....You might need a big one since there is already so much water there....

AFAIK dehumidifiers do increase evaporation. I guess you will have to evaluate whether or not the high humidity will cause more problems down the road.

my neighbor said he has one i can borrow so i guess i'll see how it does. and how much i spend on r/o membranes

thanks guys!

I concur with the others, get yourself a properly sized dehumidifier. Get one properly sized for the square footage of your basement. You have to weigth costs of basement repair against cost of producing more water. ;) I have one running all the time, with a direct connection to the main drain, it pulls out a bucket a day of water.

8)

Back
Top Bottom