Hydor Flow?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jermz79

Aquarium Advice Addict
Anyone use one of these? If so ...

1. What size tank do you have?
2. What size PH do you have pushing it?

I think I am going to get one of these for my Nano. I was just over reading at Nano-Reef.com and it seems everyone over there praises them!

Jermz,

These are a wonderful devices. I have one on two of my powerheads (both Aqua Clear 304 models) in my 50 gallon reef. These guys basically make a rotating water deflector out of your powerhead but they give your corals wave like simulations. On a scale of 1-10 I would rate this product as a perfect 10. They are very simple to use and work with almost any powerhead, and they are easy to take apart and clean and re-assemble.

While they appear a little pricy at first, they are dirt cheap compared to other more expensive wave making options.

I seen them on ... I think it's Marinedepot for $12.99!!! That's not to bad ... I think my LFS carries them for around $20!

Thanks,
Jermz

nice ... I think I'm going to order one tonight for my Nano. I have a mini-jet 606 sitting waiting to go in, I'm just waiting to do a water change after my cycle and then I'm going to hook everything up!

How is the spray when the Hydor revolves around towards the surface? Or does it even revolve that far around?

"The deflector rotates 360 degrees.."

I'm assuming you should have it far enough under water to negate the rotational motion towards the top of the tank. Especially if its a really powerful pump!

$12.99 + $6.99 shipping from Marinedepot.com (basically $20)

I would think that it would be far enough under water, but in my Nano the tube coming from the back chamber is really close to the surface so I don't know how well that would go over!

Maybe I'll pick one up and see if not I'll post it in the classifieds!

Thanks,
Jermz

The do cut the flow rate quite a bit as well. I ran one on a MJ1200 for awhile. Worked fine. Not sure how good it would do on a little ph.

Yes, they do cut down the flow from the power head quite a bit but they do work very well. It is important to take them apart and clean them frequently. They have a tendency to jam and stop turning when algae gets in the gears.

Back
Top Bottom