Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 10-29-2013, 07:17 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Regular
Hydor inline heater review????

So during my regular maintenance of my tank I dropped and broke my hob heater for my 80 gallon freshwater tank. I was looking into the hydor inline heaters. Does anyone have any opinions of them? I like how they are out of sight. Some reviews would be greatly appreciated.

Mokrytzki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 04:27 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Well, I loved mine until yesterday when I discovered it wasn't working and it was 70 degrees in my tank. I have the 200w version for 1/2" hose hooked up to an Eheim canister filter. I bought both at the same time about 3 years ago. The filter works great. Only the light works on the heater.

And that's the problem. On the typical HOB heater, you can touch it and feel it get warm. You can't do that with the inline heaters. I put a spare heater in the tank and I'll be shopping for a replacement but I'm not sure it will be another inline.

eric1514 is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com