Hydor Koralia 2 to replace Airstone?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mr. Mantis

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi everyone, i'm a longtime reader, 1st time poster, and i need your help. I have a 40Gal acrylic long aquarium that i have setup for my Peacock Mantis Shrimp. it has live rock and live sand and nothing else. Im using a H.O.B marineland 150 filter(Rated for 30 gallons but i've had this setup for 3 months now). I do Biweekly PWC of 25% or 10 gallons. Everything is fine except for my airstone. I know SW needs surface agitation for oxygen exchange. So my question is; Can i replace the airstone with a Hydor Koralia 2 powerhead? the reason why i ask is because the aquarium is in my bedroom and the Whisper 40 Air Pump (Tetra) is keeping me up at night. I really appreciate everyones input on this and i'll post up pics pretty soon.

I would got with 2 1s, each at one side of the tank pointing slightly up and toward each other.

Last edited:
I have the HOB filter on one end of the aquarium agitating the water tho, would you still recommend 2?

Hmmm, maybe back to a single 2 on the opposite end of the tank.

sounds like a plan, hopefully i can sleep easier by getting rid of that airpump lol thanks Roka :D

Back
Top Bottom