Hydor Koralia Smartwave

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have it and I like it a lot. I actually added a power splitter to the plugs, so I have a total of 4 korilla pumps hooked up to it. It helped me a great deal with adding flow.

I currently have 3 new koralia 4000's plugged into my new smartwave and its been running for about a week. I can only say i'm vastly disappointed and wish i hadn't wasted my money.

Unfortunateyl i am about to take a loss and sell the 3 powerheads and control unit and invest in 2 ecotech MP40's or possibly 1 MP40 and 1MP10.

Its a little difficult to decide as the depth of my tank is 28 inches and i want to make sure i have maximum flow!

I currently have 3 new koralia 4000's plugged into my new smartwave and its been running for about a week. I can only say i'm vastly disappointed and wish i hadn't wasted my money.

Unfortunateyl i am about to take a loss and sell the 3 powerheads and control unit and invest in 2 ecotech MP40's or possibly 1 MP40 and 1MP10.

Its a little difficult to decide as the depth of my tank is 28 inches and i want to make sure i have maximum flow!

Why so disappointed? Mine is great...

They are noisy when starting up and when this is every 10 seconds its rather distracting. Alternatively have them go on and off every hour to 6 hours meaning you get absolutely no flow for up to 6 hours. When they run in conjunction with each other you get that annoying noise again every time the turn on!

I think the control unit is the biggest waste of money ever and the power heads IMO actually benefit without the smartwave!

I like mine, I'm running 4 power heads of different sizes on it in a varying pattern and it works quite well, good flow throughout my 150. I have them set to alternate every hour and barely even notice the click of the power heads. Just an FYI, the noise comes from the power heads and not from the controller.

Just ordered one of these, duel head the cycles thru 3 different settings in one head and then switches to the other

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004HUA28Y/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Yes I know the noise is due to the power heads turning on and off. I would much prefer a more random flow and these don't seem to get in and under the rocks.

I'm either going to get rid of the 'controller' which isn't really a controller and have them running on a switch or upgrade to ecotech.

I have one with two 1050's. and even at every 5 seconds I can barely hear the clicking.. Yes the only downfall is you cannot run both continuously . But buy two more and you can have plenty of current going any direction you choose

Vortech's would be a good but expensive step up. Also they meaning Hydor has put it out there that they would make noise when starting back up.

Back
Top Bottom