Hydor Koralias

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ndmartin0120

Aquarium Advice Regular
I am ordering new PHs for my tank and I was wanted to know what you guys thought as far as GPH. I have a 36 gal bow front with live rock but I am getting ready to turn it to a reef tank. I was wondering if two 750s are enough or go with two 1050s. Any advice is appreciated...

Ok thanks... I was just afraid of having too big of a ph and created a hurricane in my tank....haha

I also have a 36G bow and 750s sound huge to me. Not only in flow but physical size. I started out with a 425 on one side opposite the inlet of the Fluval 305 (~250gph). That didn't seem like quite enough so I added a 550. The 550 looks HUGE in the small tank. Certainly not 'hurricane' territory but it seems like enough flow to me. I'd think two 550s would be enough, plus they're interestingly cheap ($30 online).
Just my 2 bits!

- D

I was able to run a 29g tank with two 750's and had no hurricanes within the tank. :) It's all a matter of placement and angles. You definitely want as much flow as you can logically get. I happen to have 2 425's in my 20g now and it's no where near enough. lol

So you think put them on sides pointing some what upwards or in back corners pointing towards center of tank?

Either of those layouts should work. You want to create a chaotic water flow in the aquarium so the flow is constantly changing direction. It makes corals sway.

Ok I just ordered two 750s so i'll try each configuration and see which one works better thanks for the help

Back
Top Bottom