Hydro Sponge Filter - 10gal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Athaocity

Aquarium Advice Freak
ok, the situation is, i am slowly stocking up necessities for my up coming tanks.
so far what i have is,
20 gal long.
10 gal
1 gal bowl
seachem prime dechlorinator.

and this here is what i will get next,
the Hydro Sponge Filter for the 10 gallon.
http://www.amazon.com/Hydro-Sponge-...sr=1-1&keywords=hydro+sponge+filter+10+gallon
the ten gallon will serve as a qt. and this is why i am going to get the hydro sponge.

i was reading up on amazon and the reviews.
the price is good, and the reviews have stated they loved it.
i trust this is a good filter as one lfs owner i knew used it in all of his tanks.

i just want your (aquariumadvice) input on this filter for one last time before i click the checkout button.

thanks.

btw, next i must and have to get myself API master test kit & dh/kh test kits.
>.<

I think you can google how to make your own sponge filter, but I think all sponge filter are alike. I would get a test kit asap, because cycling takes a while. and you might want to get started on that soon.:) I know you can make a BUNCH of sponge filters for under 10.00. But if you want to spend the money go for it. I have heard also this is a good sponge filter.

cool, ill consider diy sponge filters. will be back to post after some research. ;D

I make my own filters! I bought Marineland filter pad in a bundle and haven't paid for filters for my marineland penguin 150B in a year!

here is a cheap good one. haven't used it but looks simple.
How To: Homemade Sponge Filter

They also have you tube vids! just google.

oh wow I just might go to home depot today. >.<

but today is halloween. aahhh!!

I got mine cheap from petco, I think it was 7 bucks on sale! Let me know how it goes! Happy Halloween

Back
Top Bottom