I can't find the right filter cartridge

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

solie

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I cannot seem to find the correct filter for my tank. I bought a 5 gal acrylic tank from Wal-Mart to put my Betta in. It came with a sticker saying E-Z Change #6 Cartridge. That is all the information I have. I no longer have the box or paper work for it. I've browsed the net and I think I've come up with Aqua-Tech. On the housing itself it says Regent Filter Pump. The water is pumped on top of the cartridge falls through the cartridge and then goes into a second area where it then goes through a bio-wheel before being dumped back into the tank. Can someone help me?

Thanks in advance
Matt

I assume the filter you bought came with a filter cartridge and you are wanting to change it? They will have the replacements at walmart. If you have to, pull the cartridge out of the filter and take it in. I have a regent filter now and I get my replacements from walmart and I think petsmart has them as well.

You can rebuild the cartridge. Buy a net bag that the cartridge will fit in and some filter floss. Charcoal too if you want to use it. Cut out the old filter media from the frame. Dump the carbon and replace with new (I dont use it). Fill the frame with floss and put it in the net bag. There you are. Every week rinse out the floss in used tank water. For the price of 1 or 2 filter cartridges you have enough material to last a year or 2.

I've gone to walmart and all they have is EZ Change #1, 2 & 3
No #6

Where would I get a net bag?

I have the same tank. Alot of Wal Mart stores don't carry that cartridge for some reason. I took the tank down about 4 months ago so it's kind of hazy but I believe before my local wal mart started carrying them I used a filter from pet smart or petco that was for a 5 gallon internal filter and although I had to cut the plastic down to size it worked. Like I said it's been awhile since I did it so I don't remeber for sure but at the very least you can pull the filter out and take it in and check. Sorry I can't be of more help.

Back
Top Bottom