I can't get my heater to stick!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hisc1ay

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I know this isn't a terrible problem, but it's very annoying. :evil:

Anyone have any problems with their suction things on their heaters and then solved that problem?

-j

Moisten the suction cups before you try to stick it to the glass. I think kevin suggests the "LICK" technique where you lick the inside of the suction cups then put it in the tank.

There is no two ways about it, spit works better than water! Saliva is thicker than water, it also has a tendancy to push out more of the air that is stuck between the suction cup and the tank wall. If you can see an air bubble between the suction cup and the tank wall, it's gonna fail. New suction cups tend to slip just as often as old cracked suction cups, they are to firm and tend to return to their original shape. Might try warming them up as well.

Heater

If the "spit procedure" fails (and it usually works), and your suction cups are too far gone to use, Lee makes some heater clips that have large pliable cups and clear plastic clips. They work well and are inexpensive. They come 2 to a pack I think. If it's a large heater, you could always put three or even four on it.
Logan J

No, I think the problem with this one is it's brand new. I'll work with it to make it stick. :)

-j

Try cleaning you glass real good in the area that you're trying to stick it to, it might have a thin layer of algea that's causing it not to sick. I use a scrubber pad I keep just for my tanks or a razor blade.

Mine went on first time as new, I think it's just a process of trial and error, however you do it, but trust me, it will stick !!

Back
Top Bottom