I got my NEW XP3 today!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kaz

Aquarium Advice Addict
I got my xp3 and eth heater today from big als. I open the ups box and I found the heater box and xp3 original box open, Upon inpection the xp3 I notice scratches on the outside and inner parts of the canister, and on the hood part under section there is a round valve where impeller goes that was not put into place correctly kind of half sticking in and half sticking out. around the plastic there is white parts of plastic that is caused from wear or tear, you know how plastic turns white when you bend a section or cut off a piece. I would like to know if this is how it suppose to arrive from big al's or I was sent the show room piece or what the heck. big als is close for me to speak to someone.

Call them tomorrow and tell them about the situation. Most likely someone returned it because they broke it and it wasn't checked upon the return. I am sure that they will give you a replacement.

It might have been the last on the shelf (display). Mine came in a sealed box, brand new. Give them a call and see what might have happened.

I've bought two XP filters, a 2 and a 3. It should arrive looking like new. It does indeed sound like you got a returned model that they accidentally, or purposely, re-sold.

I don't have a high opinion of Big Al's customer service, and wouldn't put it past them to be under handed.

Take it back.

update:
I called today, and they said that all their canister filter boxes are aways open there never sealed. because of this all their filters are scratched on the outside, and then i told them about how about the impiller part that is stuck because someone tried putting it in, half is in and half is out with chip pieces from the plastic, she gave me the run around story
( the biggest BS i heard in weeks ). bottom line is, I will need to ship it back and they will ship me another one, they said the whole proccess takes from 4 to 6 weeks. old wise man once said
" CHEAP THINGS WILL COST MORE IN THE LONG RUN" no wonder they sell it for less than other places

I really don't believe it was an accident. btw she aslo said. to speed up the proccess you can always buy another one and it will be shipped right away.

I'm sorry to hear that you had a bad experience. You may want to call back and speak with a supervisor. I've never had an experience like that before with them.

I recieved this:

I assure you sir that we hadle all the merchandice with care. The boxes for the heater and the XP3 must have opened during shipping. Once the package is with UPS we have no control over how it is handled. As for the scratches on the XP3 that is normal with shipping. I'm sorry about the scratches but small dust particles and dirt particles get into the box coming from the manufacturer and cause scratches. If there is damage other than the scratches please call the customer service line.

Thank you for shopping at Big Al's Online.

K@#$
Big Al's Online

What a load of you know what. my question is dont you pay handling and shipping fee for the following reasons:

make sure it is package correctly for during shipping transfer it will not damage any product inside, the UPS box is smaller by about 1inch from the size of the two items they shipped thus to close it they had for open the heater box and squash it, em I missing something or em I being to hard to please?

Dam that sucks... I love their prices though i got my XP3 from there and everything was fine... good luck with the next sale

chabooky386 said:
Dam that sucks... I love their prices though i got my XP3 from there and everything was fine... good luck with the next sale

did your's come in the way they described in the email?

so the're just given me bs then, I'll send it back and wait I guess on the new arrival see what happens then. thx everyone.

Back
Top Bottom