i got the nutrafin lil bubble counter/diffuser...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

krap101

Aquarium Advice Addict
okay i have it set up to my own diy setup. most of the bubbles dont even go through the ladder, so i dont know what i did wrong. i doesnt have any directions either.

im guessing it has something to do with the thingy if its straight up but i dont think that would do that much...

and i'll need to change it soon, so where do you guys put the old yeast water?
and can you reuse the yeast for the next one?

If your doing DIY CO2 its my understanding it takes a while for the mixture to start producing.. You might just need to wait until it gets going.. :D

im guessing it has something to do with the thingy if its straight up but i dont think that would do that much...
"The thingy" is the ladder? It has to be vertical... the only thing that keeps the bubbles in place is the groove of the ladder. ;) If you get it level, the bubbles will travel at the same rate front and back.

I've read of people who keep a little of their mix and just add sugar and more water. So there must be still yeast alive for that to work. Yeast is so cheap I just change the whole bottle, and (for me) its easier to mess with known mixes. Reusing part of the old mix might make it produce faster :?:

I dump the old mix into the toilet, simply because a flush is easier than running hot water and cleaning residue from the sink.

HTH

mine is vertical but i dont know if its completely... looks pretty straight up.

and i started this about a month ago and added like a cup the 3rd week and today

I've read of people who keep a little of their mix and just add sugar and more water. So there must be still yeast alive for that to work. Yeast is so cheap I just change the whole bottle

I have been wondering if it worked to keep the same yeast. Only most yeast is cheep. Wine yeast is supposed to be the best for CO2. It can withstand much higher alcohol levels, but also costs a ton.

Krap, could you be a little more specific on what the problem is? Are there no bubbles at all, or do they just collect in the ladder?

well when i shake it up most of the bubbles dont even make it into the bubble counter. like 35% go into the ladder and then the others just go straight up. i was going to make a new yeast thingy but i wanna fix the ladder first.

Man I wish I had a single clue what you guys were talking about. I may need to start adding CO2 into my aquarium.

Anyone care to give me a link to some kind of explanation of this "latter" setup? Sounds neat :)

Joe

Do you have the sloped side of the output (the part that snaps into the slots in the ladder) facing right, so the bubbles enter the groove? Do you have the ladder suctioned to the tank wall, so you know its vertical? Have you tried leveling it as suggested?

To test just give your bottle a little squeeze, not a shake, if you can. Just (much) safer if you need more bubbles while messing with the diffuser.

AquaJoe, check out shawmutts howto for pics, too: http://members.myactv.net/~shawmutt/diy_co2.html

Thanks for wine yeast info hashbaz! I've read reference but never read more on it before, nor made the connection to reusing yeast.

which slot do you have to have the airline? like i have it on the 2nd from the bottom riht now

I use the lowest (longest in the ladder) notch. You do have to used a notched spot for it to work though, unless you adapt the output attachment.

Are the answers to the previous questions yes? Trying to help, but hard to without answers ;)

oh sry... yeah it is... im going to find the lil bubble level tomorrow, but im pretty much going by the level of water and puting the suction cups inline...

and for where you put the "output attachment" should it go in loosely or get locked? because mine kinda is really loose

The tab that goes into the notch "locks" but I can jiggle it if I try. Notice there aren't notches in each rung.

Back
Top Bottom