Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 04-22-2005, 09:32 AM   #11
Aquarium Advice Addict

I've heard some not-so-great things about the Eheim Liberty filters. I would go with the Aquaclear if I were you, I use 2 of them and have found them to be very quiet. Plus, you don't have to change filter cartidges because they use a foam block instead, which you can just rinse out in tankwater every month or so during a water change.

severum mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2005, 03:08 AM   #12
Aquarium Advice Regular
I've used http://www.aquaticlifeaquariums.com.au/ and http://www.aquaria.com.au and both did the job for me. THe first when I wanted the cheapest price, the 2nd when I wanted a specific item.

Maybe try a sponge with a good quality air pump?

extremenewb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2005, 03:10 AM   #13
Aquarium Advice FINatic
After reading a little on this board and others, the three options i was considering were the Aquaclear Mini, Eheim Canister Classic 2213 and Eheim Canister Ecco 2232
go with the aquaclear
zilla870 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005, 07:09 AM   #14
AA Team Emeritus
I've moved over 200gph through 8g. Currently 140gph (measured) to keep it calmer for some new fish If youre doing a kuhlii loach or like tank it will work. You can see pics and log of this tank in link in my sig if you want. I originally used just 100gph (rated, not measured) Cascade HOB and was very happy with it. Aquaclear, etc would also be good if HOB is preferable -- keep output of filter below water line to keep it quieter. You could also do natural tank (plants as filter, no noise) - search TankGirl's posts for pics of her pretty 5g if you want inspiration

"2- before attempting to plant, have a beer or a Bourbon. That will help to steady your hands…" -- elwaine

czcz is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com