Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 07-30-2013, 11:44 AM   #11
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Thanks for the tips, I love my fish and strangely they know when I'm going to feed them as they swim up when I open the glass. ! I will post a pic of that black fish as soon as he comes out from hiding all the time in the rocks. I figured out I have sump filter system with sponges and rubber ball like things with an under gravel filter system. Sump works but under gravel system doesn't produce bubbles in the tube likes its suppose to. ^ wow I'm amazed how much I learned in the short 3 days I've owned my aquarium.

Old 07-30-2013, 02:05 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Yeah fish have so much more to them then just their self.

It's definitely a huge learning experience owning them.

Old 07-30-2013, 02:05 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Freak

Keep an open mind and the knowledge will flood from this forum. I joined this forum almost a year ago and had a 10g tank for about 4 months prior to that. In that time I have learned enough about freshwater to maintain a 125g mainly SA cichlid/community tank, a 37g Figure 8 puffer tank, a 40g saltwater FOWLR that's now having corals added and a 6g yellow mantis shrimp tank. I knew NOTHING before I joined and though I've had a few stumbles along the way, the people here are always ready to point me in the right direction. I'm still learning more everyday and wish you the best of luck with your new finned friends.
Old 07-30-2013, 08:49 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Newbie

I have a problem. The filters are doing a poor job. I have 2 under the gravel filters and a sump filter as seen in the pics below. Any suggestions?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	182.6 KB
ID:	189366  
Old 07-31-2013, 12:34 AM   #15
Aquarium Advice Freak

How are the filters doing a poor job? Is the water cloudy? Or are your parameters off? Either way, I suggest ditching the under gravel filters and get a couple hang on back filters or a canister. Probably a good idea to clean out the plastic bio balls with Tank water or treated tap water if you haven't already.
Old 09-08-2013, 06:19 PM   #16
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Sorry I haven't been active in a while guys, was away on vacation and just got back, I had my brother in law look after the fish while I was gone and I'm horrified to find out how dirty my tank is, look at the pictures below and please give me any advice.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	259.0 KB
ID:	197175  
Old 09-08-2013, 06:22 PM   #17
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Here is the condition of the sump filter

Tags
maintain

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com