i know you hate me

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

artur

Aquarium Advice Freak
I'm a member of this site for 10 months.Probably you guys tired of me.I posted probably 30 threads.But i always have new question.I read all the time about lighting.Comp.Fluorescent,T5,MH. I have 90.gal.tank ,4 feet,24 inch tall. I have some fishes and some simple corals under my compact fluorescent. I want upgrade my lights.Want to keep anemone and more dificult corals and my fishes.Nothing too crazy just some more variety.Do not want to spend 800 bucks for superlight.What you guys think?MH or just T5 are enaugh? I know there is a lot of questions like this but please respond to my so i can make a decision (finally).Thank you!!!!!!

VHO`s, T5`s or MH`s. If you are looking for a cheaper route go with retrofits. I have VHO`s with retro fits and maybe spent 300 dollars.

img_901802_0_245f56a3d021848615d3522c28463f32.jpg

And no we do not hate you. That`s the purpose of this forum to ask questions.

That's the one of the lighting systems I will be buying for my 55G.

If you are interested in generic fixtures for the budget tank, go to aquatraders.com. I have a pc that i bought over a year ago. It has been a very good fixture. I do recommend upgrading the bulbs within 4 to 5 months, for I have found that the bulbs are the weakest component of the fixture. Corallife bulbs are much better and last longer

That's the one of the lighting systems I will be buying for my 55G.

It is an excellent option for your tank. We do not hate you. As Mike said the purpose of this site is to ask questions.

Scott....55g???? Do I hear a reef in your future?

It is an excellent option for your tank. We do not hate you. As Mike said the purpose of this site is to ask questions.

Scott....55g???? Do I hear a reef in your future?

LOL! That's what my 125 is going to be one day.

The Nova Extreme Pro T5 HO 6-54W will be a good light for your tank. If you want clams and very light loving corals then go with MH supplemented with actinic lighting (eitiher T5 or PC). Two 250w MH will allow you keep the most light demanding coral. You will need to shade some areas with overhangs for some lower light corals.
Fish can live just fine with normal lighting.

i would not recommend aquatraders since if you have any problems they really dont care about customer service and especially don't get anything labeled t6ho. no one has replacement bulbs for them.

We really do hate you LOL just kidding. Lighting is probably the biggest expense of a reef tank. I have been debating an upgrade for like 6 months I keep going back and forth Tank Light/Food Tank light/Food Tank light/Food Tank light/Food Melosu58 you really only paid like $300 could you link me the site where you purchased your fixture supplies??

My LFS made them up for me. They were actually 200 + the bulbs. Let me see. Ok here is a retro but it is attached to the metal reflector dome. Mine is not attached and just have end caps, ballast and a light switch. I have it plugged into a timer. These retro`s are a pretty good setup. I run two sets of two now. I also use a reflector hood but I dont use a canopy. Look at these.

VHO Aquarium Lighting: Hamilton Magnetic SuperPower VHO Systems

Back
Top Bottom