Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 09-24-2014, 07:06 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice FINatic

I need 3 T5HO's, 3 or maybe 4 but must me individually controlled

K I can't find an LED or a T5 fixture with the perfect PAR. Tank is 48x24x31 so I need it spread out.

The Aquatic life 4 T5H0 light does 73par @ 24" (to much) and isn't wide enough to cover the whole tank so I got a 6 fixture thinking I could take like light 2 and 5 or 3 and 4 out and still run it but nope they are wired in groups of 2 so if you pull like light 1 out 5 goes off and 2 and 4 and 3 and 6 or something weird. I can chose to turn on 2 or 4 but all 6 is way way to much so I run 2 then 4 but I can't do sunrise and sun set or anything and the 2 isn't enough and the 4 is to much and I get algae blooms and stuff so I need to time them right.

2 dual fixtres wont work because non of them have timers and they all run off 1 power cord so both lights would come on and off. I thought my winning light was going to be the new Aquatic life Marquis dual T5HO lights with timers and I would use 2 because I thought the timer operated each light independent so I could go 1-2-3-4-3-2-1 with the lights but nope I think they both pop on then both pop off .

So then I thought screw 3 is perfect so I'm going to get 3 Hagen Glo single fixtures and hook them up to a reef keeper or something, a lot of money but I will get what I want, but they don't make them and re-branded everything to Fluval but guess what they don't make a single fixture just a 4 or 2........

I want 3 or 4 independent lights and either a moon light or a work around for one that can cover a 24" tank evenly.

Old 09-30-2014, 01:19 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Anyone?

Old 10-19-2014, 05:55 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Old 10-21-2014, 11:02 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Really? Best way to get 3 T5HO's?
Old 11-13-2014, 04:01 AM   #5
Aquarium Advice FINatic

omg help plz
Old 11-15-2014, 06:07 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Regular

If you don't mind twisting wires together Home Depot sells single bulb t5ho shop lights that can be wired individually for ~40. You could also snag a few ballasts and rig up something with what you have most likely.

After double checking, it seems they're lacking a reflector. I'm sure with some digging someone offers a single bulb t5ho fixture w/ reflector.
Lithonia Lighting 1-Light 4 ft. High Output White T5 Fluorescent Multi-Volt Strip Light-Z 1 54T5HO MVOLT GEB10PS at The Home Depot

Tags
control, led, t5ho

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com