I need a check valve (I did a search)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chino1130

Aquarium Advice Activist
So last night I bought a nano co2 diffuser off ebay. Today I am shopping around for a check valve. I know what to look for, but don't know where to get one. I tried ebay, and anything I can find is overseas. I don't feel like waiting 3 weeks to get a $5 item. Are there any sites within the US that you folks know of where I could find one?

I'm looking for something like this.

!BtGMLKwEWk~$(KGrHqYH-DwEvDumgju-BL6f8jmRu!~~_3.JPG

Maybe double-check. I'm using mine with an air pump. I'm guessing the check valves are all the same, but maybe double-check just in case the one used for Co2 diffusers are different somehow (which I have no experience with).

Just be advised, if you use a plastic check valve with CO2, you will need to replace it every 3-6 months for it to remain effective. CO2 unlike air from an airpump is corrosive, and it will eventually degrade a plastic check valve to the point where it no longer prevents backflow.

EDIT: Never mind... Read thru this too quickly, retired_AF already had it covered :) . And yes, a little resistance is normal.

Just be advised, if you use a plastic check valve with CO2, you will need to replace it every 3-6 months for it to remain effective. CO2 unlike air from an airpump is corrosive, and it will eventually degrade a plastic check valve to the point where it no longer prevents backflow.

EDIT: Never mind... Read thru this too quickly, retired_AF already had it covered :) . And yes, a little resistance is normal.

Yeah, they're cheap enough. I picked up a back up valve. I can't wait for my diffuser to get in tomorrow.

Yup, I use the plastic ones, and just swap em out when I Replace my CO2 tank every 4-6 months. For $0.33 or so each, I like having new ones in place just to make sure all is well.

Back
Top Bottom