I need filter help please!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sideshowdachs

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi everyone,
If you can give me advice on my filter you'd be a lifesaver. I have an API filter in a tank from Petco, all purchased new and used without incident until today. I moved my fish to clean the tank and when I plugged everything back in, the pump hums but doesn't create any motion in the water. I disassembled every part I could and wiped out a lot of gunk from the inside but still no dice- sound, which suggests the electricity is working, but nothing else. I'm not sure if there's something I can do to fix this or if I should get a new filter, in which case I'd also welcome advice on that. I've attached pictures of the offending apparatus- I'd like to figure it out asap so I don't have to worry about my fish!
Thank you so much! :thanks::fish1:

Attachments

• api1.jpg
    api1.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 61
  • api2.jpg
    api2.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 47
  • api3.jpg
    api3.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 58
Sometimes you have to pour water into a filter to get it started. If there is an opening in the top where there is usually water try filling it up while the pump is plugged in.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

My issue has been resolved, however it seems I can't delete my thread. But this is a great forum and I appreciate anyone who thought about this, and I hope I can contribute in the future!

(And in case it might help anyone else, my unit was missing a hook on the back that must have come out in cleaning. I'd made another makeshift one as well as all manner of repositioning and fidgeting so I'm not sure why only that exact specific angle made it work, but I'm glad it did!)

Back
Top Bottom