I need help! :) 150g

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bigbanker

Aquarium Advice Addict
This lady is selling her 150g freshwater tank and stand for $400. From her email to me: "I have a 150 Gal Aquarium for sale with the stand, filters, light heater for $400, I have cichlids, tinfoil barbs and plecos in it right now"

I have two questions.....

1. Is this a good deal? The lights are a "shop light" and the filters are three HOBs

and

2. I live on the first floor (it's about two feet from the ground though), can I get away with placing this tank in my apartment safely without having to worry about support etc under the floor?

Attachments

• 150 gal tank and fish 002 (1).jpg
    150 gal tank and fish 002 (1).jpg
    210.4 KB · Views: 641
The floor should support it no problem especially if the building is fairly new but I would also agree as a renter, ask the landlord first...and as for the price I personally wouldn't pay it. $250-$350 would be my range on that tank mainly due to the fact that 150s are still 4ft

Yeah that seems real high too me. You should be able to get a 125-150 with stand for under $250, I'll doubt you'll end up using the rest of the stuff anyways.

Very very true. I'm pretty positive the lights AND the filter are going to have to be upgraded... And drilling if I decide to use it for saltwater.

I think I'm going to check it out tomorrow and see if she will lower the price. If not I guess I will pass and continue to wait for an awesome deal.

Patience has never been my best quality....

Back
Top Bottom