I need help with my reef octopus nw150

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Greenpillow

Aquarium Advice Activist
So i have been trying to get this reef octopus to work.

#1 stress coat has been used so it's making it bubble like mad. It's like a foam party in my sump!!!

We bought an ro unit at lowes and I did a 32 gal change today w/out the stress coat just ro-salt water. I also have what is skimming over the top draining in to a bucket. When the water gets low I am replacing the water with ro water.

Currently the skimmer is sitting in 6.5 inches of water open fully.

Ideas tips or tricks would be very much appreciated

Cool you made a thread. :)

Have you tried closing it to where nothing gets up the cylinder? Then you can just a the tiniest bit of open and see what you get.

carey said:
Cool you made a thread. :)

Have you tried closing it to where nothing gets up the cylinder? Then you can just a the tiniest bit of open and see what you get.

By closing do you mean the exit valve closed all the way so very little water exits? Or opened all the way so it drains quickly.

Hmm, I guess the complete opposite that you are at now. lol If you are fully open then fully close it and see what you can do to stop the bubbles from going up the tube. Once you are at that point you can add on to make the bubbles go a tiny bit higher each time until they are just clinging to the top of the cup.

carey said:
Hmm, I guess the complete opposite that you are at now. lol If you are fully open then fully close it and see what you can do to stop the bubbles from going up the tube. Once you are at that point you can add on to make the bubbles go a tiny bit higher each time until they are just clinging to the top of the cup.

I'll give it a go

Whelp I came home and the tank is in order! I turned it way down like you said and it seems like its going alright >.<

Back
Top Bottom