I really can't decide!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

partypalooza5

Aquarium Advice Addict
I'm leaning toward the skimmer. I found a 48" dual bulb standard light for around 60 bucks so it's no big deal. I just want to make sure it will not work to try to keep an anemone under PC lights. (I've been told probably 100 times but still.. xD) If it won't work then I'll just hold off on an anemone till I get MH's a few years down the road.

xD Mine will be be in a big tank (If I get one) I really want to keep one but I have to remember I've never done SW before so I should probably start out simple then get into more complex stuff.

When the tank turns into a reef I'll probably get that one. The only reason I like MH better than tube lights is because the water shimmers.

I like the shimmering effect too, but I can't justify spending an extra $600 or so on a light when the cheaper one does pretty much the same thing. Better to put the money elsewhere IMO.

partypalooza... go for the gold... talk them in to a 125gal tank... thats what id do :)

LOL! I got lucky enough to even get a 10g at first! Now that's like a puddle compared to my new tank! I had to work my tail off to get them to let me buy the new tank too, plus I had to endure a truck load of negativity from everyone in my family but the cats. lol the cats seem to like the tank.

I keep asking about equipment because I don't want to have to buy a new one in a year, I want it to last until I decide to upgrade someday. So I'm trying to do the smart thing and get good quality for a good price. :D

very smart idea.... most people go for price, especially in todays economy... i know nothing about anything lighting or skimmer related, so ill leave that to the pros, just thought id drop in that thought... couldnt hurt to ask... right?

HAHA I'll try, my dad's sleeping right now so I'll talk to him when he gets up.

Aquarium Protein Skimmer: Marineland Pro Skimmers

I was gonna mention my skimmer to you that I just got a month ago because I love it so much. It's so easy and saves so much space in my sump.

Steve

I've seen those. They look like good products. I think I'll go with the recirculating one that I was looking at simply because it's a good priced skimmer plus its an octopus (if I read right) and they have great products from what I've seen.

But I may look into the Marineland ones for my next SW tank! :D

I had the coralife ones before the Marineland but it took up so much space, it was so confusing to setup and was very evil to work lol. This is just great because it takes up such little space :)

Steve

I like the recirculating one i found because it seems like it's really simple. Input and output, with a drain line for the gunk.

Back
Top Bottom