Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 11-20-2011, 08:58 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie
I really need some help trouble shooting a fluorescent hood light

OK, so I bought this used of craigslist along with a whole 30g tank setup. It didnt come with a bulb so I bought one at walmart. When I installed the tube it didnt light up, but the hole in the starter was flashing. The starter that came with it said FS-22H, and the store only had FS-22. I inserted the FS-22 into the slot and the whole starter started flashing but the light didnt come on. I turned it off then on, and after a couple seconds the bulb turned on and was working fine. I turned it off because this was in the middle of the day. Later I went to turn it on and the bulb only had a dim glow on one side of the tube. And now it wont glow, turn on, or do anything.

I have tried twisting the tube around and making sure the contacts line up. I have double checked that the starter is locked in place. Could the problem be the fact that the original starter is a FS-22H? Could it be a bad bulb? Im totally clueless because it worked fine one minute, I turned it off, and now it wont turn on. Ive taken it apart and all the wires look fine. Any advice would be greatly appreciated because I am completely stumped, and I dont want to shell out another 40 bucks on a new light. Thanks
HTL1799 is offline   Reply With Quote

fluorescent, hood, light, trouble

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com