I was wanting to know what LED's people are using?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Masoniac

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I currently have a 20L, before the year is over I'm going to upgrade to a 55. I was wanting to know what LED's people are using?

Yes two would be good. Thanks it's all DIY and the rails can go up or down. Oh it has a controller for those lights. I use my apex to control them.

Well they are up there in price but I'm not upgrading until December or January.

I have 2 ai sol blues over my 55g. They are higher end, expensive, but pretty cool. Guest like to watch the thunderstorms and I think the lunar cycle is cool (my little ones enjoy it). I have burnt a few corals so make sure you acclimate new corals to the light. :)

ForumRunner_20130724_140720.jpg

Okay I have my mind set on these lights I've read great reviews. I love the fact that they have a controller.

The AI Sols and Ecotech Radions are the top of the line in terms of LEDs, and the price tag to reflect. When you start talking about them, it turns into trying to convince an apple user to use a pc...can be quite polarized, but both are great lights. I'm a radion user myself and love them.

If you want something less expensive, people use Taotronic LEDs with great success.

I was looking at the railing system that can be mounted to the stand and then the lengths of the extension rails how many could the 12" rail hold? I was looking at getting two to start and if its not enough light to my liking I'd add two more possibly. I'm also unsure as to what length I should use for two of them. I know I'd have to get two of the rails that hook onto the stand, but what length should I get I know the 6" rail will be to short so I'm thinking the 12 inch would be perfect.

I have 2 ai sol blues over my 55g. They are higher end, expensive, but pretty cool. Guest like to watch the thunderstorms and I think the lunar cycle is cool (my little ones enjoy it). I have burnt a few corals so make sure you acclimate new corals to the light. :)

What size extension rails are you using?

On a 55 if you need more than two something's wrong. In the last pic I sent its only the ai's that's on. I use t5's for extra color pop. If you need more power they also have the ai vega. but it cost more but you do get more color from it.

Back
Top Bottom