Idea for cheap filter...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HoCkEyGmC

Aquarium Advice Addict
I had this random idea for a filter today durring school(im not too productive at that place). well anyways the idea is, getting a phosban reactor, get extra sponge seporatar things and fill it with purigen, charcoal, and ceramic and you separate them layer by layer. (or any media that could work like that). and getting a higher flow rate pump than for what is suggested for the phosban. (maybe like a maxijet 1200) it would be like a canister filter but less expensive(if it would work).
Thoughts?
Thanks

same concept as a canister... dont see why it wouldent work... wouldent it run you about the same as a canister?

-Brad

the phosban reactor its self is only like 40 bucks, and the media could be like a total of around 30 maybe then a pump and hosing. so it'd probably be pretty similar. but im kind of assuming that you have some of the supplies on hand such as i do(phosban, ceramic, purigen, pump, or whatever else). just a thought.
anyone else?

You're still going to have to buy the intake/output tubes. It'd be cheaper to buy a canister pre-made. It should work though.

i was just thinking about it cuz i got a bunch of media, and a phosban reactor for free so im pondering about what exactly to do with it.

Back
Top Bottom