im getting another filter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
G

hey guys, i am getting another filter today, what do you recommend that has a cheap price, that i can but at a pet store that has alot of GPH and thats it

TIA guys!

please dont recommend a whisper cause IMO they are crap

yay! i love getting extra filters, i am just saying congrats because i don't live in america and i don't exactly know their products and pricing lol.

Get a fluval 204 for your tank. For your tank that will go great. Fill the chamber with ceramic rings, then floss, then bio-max. That way you will have sparkling clean water. Replace the floss once a month and when you do that rinse the biomax in tank water. Problem slovered!

how expensive? and it just comes with tje canister do i have to buy the set that take it down to the canister

As far as I know everything you need comes with the Fluval. I bet it would be much cheaper to order one online than to buy it at a pet store, even though you have to pay for the shipping. Here, check this out: http://www.bigalsonline.com/catalog/product.xml?product_id=22041;category_id=1711;pcid1=2885;pcid2=

If you don't want to spend that much and your budget forces you to choose a HOB filter instead, I would recommend an Aquaclear 70 or Emperor 280. Both of these are also much cheaper at Big Al's. Look around the site, I'm sure you will find something you want. 8) The Petsmart where I live will price match online prices when I bring in a printout from a website. You may want to check in to that, I have saved TONS of money on filters that way.

mattrox said:
Get a fluval 204 for your tank. For your tank that will go great. Fill the chamber with ceramic rings, then floss, then bio-max. That way you will have sparkling clean water. Replace the floss once a month and when you do that rinse the biomax in tank water. Problem slovered!

I second that, Fluvals are great filters, and cheap if you go to BigAls.

are those bio-bag or bio-wheel

i am looking for a bio wheel cause the bio bags seem to not work

The 204 is close to that, check the actual price. Worth the extra cash too.

Sorry, AC = AquaClear . Use two sponges instead of the activated carbon. Everytime you run the bottom-most sponge in old tank water to clean it, swap it with the other sponge so you don't lose all your bio-bacteria. I buy an additional blue sponge from Big Al's instead of the hagen one, so it makes it easy to differentiate between the two during filter cleanings.

yea well i need alotta filtration cause the whisper power filters are crap

A 204 will provide more flexibility and more surface area for filtration. A lot more filtration IMO.

AquaClears are easy to use and cheaper. You have to weigh it up.

Back
Top Bottom