Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 01-13-2011, 10:52 AM   #11
Aquarium Advice Freak
Originally Posted by waynotcars View Post
Exactly as I said "you cannot get a GOOD skimmer for less then $100. Every suggestion you've gotten so far says "a little over a $100". Compare to a Coralife?? I thought we were talking about "Good" skimmers?? So how are you begging to differ when you're suggesting a $130 skimmer???? He asked for under a $100. Beg to differ when you suggest a GOOD hang on back skimmer for LESS than $100 like he asked for.
He never said anything about HOB i just gave him the option b/c i dunno if he has a sump or not, but yes the psk-75 in sump is $98 i believe that is below $100.

Live & Let Live!
SAAVE853 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 11:18 AM   #12
Aquarium Advice Freak
Here is one from eBay.
PS-75 Protein Skimmer + Free Pump & Bonus Odyssea - eBay (item 380303731660 end time Jan-29-11 12:59:16 PST)
Supposedly if you remove the sponges, it works much better.

trackfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 11:21 AM   #13
Aquarium Advice Freak
There are also videos on youtube.com of this skimmer in action. You can decide whether or not it's good.
trackfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 03:37 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via MSN to mr_X
those are not good skimmers. neither are coralife skimmers. you are wasting your money with those.

and to answer trackfasts question about what size of tank can you maintain without a skimmer, the answer is- any size tank. you can keep a 1000 gallon tank without a skimmer. you will have to remove excess nutrients some way though, so whether it's large water changes, mechanical filtration, chemical means....it's gonna be something.
a skimmer is another component that helps you to keep the tank clean.

in my experience, it's something you shouldn't skimp on. that said, for a tank under 30 gallons, i would just be religious with my water changes and skip the skimmer.

mr_X is offline   Reply With Quote

protein, protein skimmer, skimmer

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com