Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 04-29-2014, 12:39 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Addict
Ian086's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Drogheda, Ireland
Posts: 3,096
Impella Rod

I have a Hailea HX8830 pump which the ceramic shaft/rod broke on. Can I replace it with a metal or carbon fibre one. I read on another forum that carbon fibre rods can be used. Does anyone know where I could get either a metal or carbon fibre rod. The poster said he got the carbon fibre rod in a hardware store but he didn't say which one. He was American based and I know you guys/gals have plenty of choice in those type stores. Also I may struggle to get the exact size of the original. Can I buy non branded rods anywhere which I can then cut to fit. The poster mentioned about the CF rods being much cheaper to buy than the originals. The pumps is used for freshwater water changes
Ian086 is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Marineland JetStream - Overflow Control rod - how works? mound Saltwater Reef Aquaria 16 05-12-2003 10:05 PM

» Photo Contest Winners

Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:27 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.