Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 02-11-2006, 02:38 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Send a message via ICQ to MrDaytona Send a message via AIM to MrDaytona Send a message via Yahoo to MrDaytona
In need of heavy duty Air pump.

Does anyone have a recommendation or brand name that I could do a search of for an air pump that is reliable.

I have already gone thru 2 Optima pumps in one year and they were the biggest pump they make.

My problem is that I am attempting to provide an air bubbling stream that is 7 feet in length that is also 5 feet below the surface. I prefer to leave my bubbler on 24/7 as I feel my 400 gallon FW tank requires the aeration for my cichlids.

I have searched, without success, for an air pump that is similar to the piston type that I once had many years ago - but it seems they are no longer made.

Any assistance would be appreciated. Thanks.

Old 02-11-2006, 04:26 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

http://www.sciplus.com/singleItem.cf...egory%20Filter

I don't know if this one will work but www.sciplus.com might have just what you are looking for.

Old 02-12-2006, 09:50 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Send a message via ICQ to MrDaytona Send a message via AIM to MrDaytona Send a message via Yahoo to MrDaytona
Thanks for the response. I shall check it out and see if I can use it.
Old 02-12-2006, 12:27 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via Yahoo to tropicfishman
actually go to www.thatfishplace.com they havea couple cool heavy duty pumps, one is a Luft 7.0 PSI with reostat for about 47 bucks, it should hadle the deepst of tanks and a bunch air products, they also have one that has a piston and everything and pumps out alot of air and has its own built gang valve i think its about 68 bucks, they have cheaper priced ones also, hope this helps
Old 02-13-2006, 03:40 AM   #5
Aquarium Advice Freak

Send a message via AIM to degbowl
A friend told me about stellar air pumps. He told me they were very powerful and extremely quiet. I ordered 2 from this company. http://www.jlaquatics.com/phpstore/s...category_ID=46
I could only find them in Canada. The prices are in canadian. So it is actually cheaper when converted to US $. I haven't tried them yet, but I will let you know. I have two very deep tanks and I need better air pumps, but I don't want anything too noisy.

Tags
air, air pump, pump

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com