In sump Protein skimmer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jay917

Aquarium Advice Regular
I am looking for an affordable in sump protein skimmer. Any suggestions as to what brand i should get?

Personally I think the Sea Clone 100 and 150 are highly under rated protien skimmers that are very affordable. Anything above 50 gallons though is too much for the sea clone.

The ASM is a EuroReef knock off/split off and at 1/2 the price you can't beat it. The ASM G3 is on my wish list for my 120.

Lets hold off on answering Jay until he provides us with the size of his tank. For all we know it's a 1,000 gallons, and a whole battalion of seaclone's couldn't keep up :)

He has a 55 with a plan for a 20-30g sump. :lol:

I have an Urchin Pro AquaC and im very very happy with it so far. No or little matinence and very quiet. cost around 150-200

I have a turbofloator 1000 on my 58 gal and I have an AquaC on my 30 gal cube. the AquaC is a good skimmer but the turbofloator hands down makes my AquaC look like a toy. turbo costs a little more though and it takes up a lot of room in a my sump.

Back
Top Bottom