Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 09-28-2012, 02:27 PM   #21
Aquarium Advice Regular
Makes your head spin doesn't it? I have also learned, spend the cash up front. Go cheap, you get cheap. Good luck.

chrismiller21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 03:30 PM   #22
Aquarium Advice Newbie
I received the lights I ordered, and at least for now I'm pretty happy with it but...

I dislike the mounts, they won't work with a covered tank (and I like the cover), so I cut some wood blocks, and may try to get craftier at a later date.

The blue LED lights provide very little light, so my hopes of using it during a late night trip to get some water and maybe browse some sleeping fish is not so likely (you can see silhouettes but not much else), it does make a neat looking effect especially with bubbles rising but for a FW tank those particular lights aren't likely to see much use (almost any other light source will drown it out). I realize those lights are supposed to help coral somehow and are just a bonus item for my purposes.

The biggest thing I found though, is that the LED lights work fine but if I only plug in one of the cords for the HO lights, neither will turn on, which seems to completely defeat the purpose of having independent cords for each set of lights. The switches work just fine but if I wanted to use timers to control the lights individually I'm stuck. I have not contacted the seller about that this particular issue but I suspect it's wired incorrectly and can probably be fixed.

Not sure if these lights were in the running but I did suggest them so now that I have them I feel obligated to throw in my experience. I'm pretty thrilled with the light they put out and looking forward to seeing how it affects my plant growth, hopefully 6 - 12 months down the line I am still happy.

maliciant is offline   Reply With Quote

light, lighting

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com