Information on "Glass Cages" Aquariums?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have heard good things about them. LFS here sells some of their tanks and they also sell on Ebay.

The quality of these tanks is excellent. They are thicker glass than most other manufacturers and have much more substantial bracing. They are HEAVY though. I install aquariums in offices, hospitals, ect.... and I will never buy a tank from anyone else other than Glasscages. Call them up and ask for Tom...he'll answer any questions you might have.

I've seen many good comments about these tanks over the past few days Google-ing and Yahoo-ing... The low price and thick glass seems unbeatable... I might go with them.

tell me about it...I called them today & it will be around $205 to ship a 125gal to me :(

They have a 38 gallon tank for 50! hmmm...
I have however, heard some comments on the owner.... that wern't so good, and some mixed.

I've never had a problem with them. They are ,however, adamant about their warranty. If you crack the glass, it's your baby. These tanks don't crack unless they aren't set up properly. If you twist it with an uneven stand, it will likely crack...so will any glass tank. I kinda suspect than anyone who has bad comments about them may have been in this situation. Anyway, I'm going up there Monday (1-22-07) to pick up a 180g tank and bring it back. I'll be coming back I-24 through Chattanooga and down I-75 to Dalton, Ga. I will be happy to pick up a tank for anyone who wants one. If you live anywhere close to me, you can pick it up at my house (Dalton, Ga area) or I can meet you...say within a 50 mile radius of Dalton.

Another question--
Is it really necessary to have a sheet of Styrofoam underneath the tank?
All-Glass, Perfecto, Oceanic... I don't think they have this requirement.

I'm considering adding a 40g tank to my collection...might just have to make a road trip to Tennessee this summer. Where at in TN are they located?

I'm considering adding a 40g tank to my collection...might just have to make a road trip to Tennessee this summer. Where at in TN are they located?

tropicalfish said:
Another question--
Is it really necessary to have a sheet of Styrofoam underneath the tank?
All-Glass, Perfecto, Oceanic... I don't think they have this requirement.

Any tank would benefit from something with some weight absorbtion under it. Think about it, if a brittle glass tank is sitting on a hard wood stand, if there's any gap or twist to the stand (which there will be, even if there isn't right now, wood warps..) then the tank will have to flex in order to take up the slack. This will lead to, at best, leaky seals and at worst, a cracked tank. I always put a thick towel under my tanks, at the least. A sheet of foam would be even better, as it would allow the tank to settle with the weight of the water into a balanced position.

If you look at their site you will see that they have a schedule of shows they attend where you can pick up a tank, or they will be in a schedule of cities where you can go to pick one up. If, as an example, I went to pick up a tank from a nearby town on the day they were there doing deliveries, they would charge $60 for "delivery", though they don't actually do delivery to a home, you just pick it up there and drive it home yourself.

I believe that if you get one at a show, though, there is no additional charge other than the price of the tank.

I've heard of mix reviews, alot of people say they are great, but then I read of people saying they are terrible. I believe I read about a woman who bought a very large tank, price range of around $3000-$4000 dollars and had muliple problems with them. I also read of another person who received their tank and the tank cracked and they wouldn't honor the warranty even though it was less than 90days, they followed all the restrictions. It sounds like there are quality issue that arise with them everyonce in a while. One thing I don't like is their warranty I believe is only 90days, while the other manufacturers are into the years or lifetime. I would have trouble sleeping at night with a very large tank that has only a 90 day warranty.

I had my LFS special order my 125G. She only marked up the price, to make a small profit and cover shipping, you might try that...

+++EDIT+++
I had her order from all-glass.com

Back
Top Bottom