Install UV Sterilizer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

abstract373

Aquarium Advice Freak
whats my best option to put in service a turbo twist 3x 9 watt... canister or power head or what other option is there new to the device never had 1 in the past have 2 marineland 350 pro and a max-jet 400 and 900. it will be going in a 75 gal tank..any info would help me get going to peice this puzzle want to do it right the 1st time & enjoy it

got the same questions you do plus I am putting it in a 120 gallon mawali tank. all mbuna.

but ive been told a power head cant push the flow and i cant put it in line with out slowing down the flow of canister with some type of valve..want feed back from people who have done it and not trying to sell me extras

First I think a 9 watt uv is to small for a 120 gal. tank. Second all the water has to flow through the uv for it to be truly effective so it should really be hooked up in line.

i plan on installing it in a 75 gal but not sure if i want to use it inline or use a maxi-jet to run it on its own for a slower flow rate to get the best results from the uv light...the reason im not sure if i want to run it inline is that ive been told i have to slow down the flow rate on my canister..plus im going to run a inline heater....

unless you have the uv already I would go a little big then a 9 watt I have a 90 and i have a 25 watt on it. How many gallons an hour is you canister pushing.

yeah i do already have it got it for $60 bucks couldnt walk away...its rated for 350 gph

It will kill what ever passes through it. you have a slow enough rate that it should get most. Thats why its suppose to be inline so that all the water passes through it. If you operate it with a power head the main pump and the power head are operating independent of one another therefore all the water is not passing through it because the main pump is putting water back that has not been treated by the uv light

Back
Top Bottom