Installing UV sterilizer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sgc0286

Aquarium Advice Freak
I havent got it yet. But how do you install a UV sterilizer into a sump? Do you just put in the water, hang it outside, does it have to be connected to a pump? Thanks.

I dont have one now but I did for ten yrs. I had mine in my return line but that really was too much to be effective. If it was me I would just get a small pump and run it through the UV. Check out Coral life turbo twist as it has a circular path that allows more kill time. I`m interested to know why you think you need one?

I dont think I absolutely need one but Iam investing a lot of money into this project (130gal reef build, basement sump) and if a UV sterilizer will help keep my aquarium disease free(hopefuly), I think it will be worth it.

It helps to rid your tank of algea spores and parasites but only those that go through the lighted chamber. those that stay near the substrate wont be touched.

So are you saying that it will be like a drop in the bucket? Therefore not worth it.

Back
Top Bottom