instant ocean skimmer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

will8

Aquarium Advice Activist
question on my instant ocean skimm 800, it releases lots of tiny bubbles from the bubble catcher, when i turn it on, i normally turn it off in the day, and keep it running though the night. in the morning the bubbles have stopped. is it best to keep it on all the time?

I dont know a lot about that particular skimmer, but I keep mine running 24/7. It helps keep the water cleaner /eases 'stress' on the other filters. Theres really no need to shut if off enless you need to for cleaning :)

24/7 is the way to go. Do you turn it off during the day just because of the micro bubbles? What I do that totally reduces the micro bubbles from my in sump skimmer is put lots of live rock rubble around my return pump and in the baffles before my return pump. This gets rid of all of the bubbles for me.
Is your skimmer a HOB or is it in the sump?

I agree you want to have it running all the time. I keep mine on 24/7 like everyone else has mentioned. I'm not familiar with your skimmer, some pics of it and how it is hooked into your system could help determine a solution.

its a hob skimmer, dont have a sump really wish i did. problem with putting a pic on, my camera is crap.sorry. will have to get a new one. one problem i have is the return pipe from the chamber goes in to a bubble basket with foam in it but it does not sit very well so its not at the right water level and that causes alot of bubbles to over flow. think i will have to put up with the bubbles until i upgrade, which i will and get a drilled tank with sump.
thanks

My next upgraded tank will definitely be a drilled reef ready tank too, but you don't have to have a drilled tank to have a sump.

Back
Top Bottom