Iron stands safe?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hamburgler

Aquarium Advice Activist
I'm looking for a stand to put a 29g on. Not looking to spend a lot and looks do not matter. I've looked at the penn plax and similar. They seem sort of unstable and weak...but then again i think i am just have being ocd and need some reassurance. Or can anyone suggest a decent stand thats not too pricey?
thanks

I used an iron stand on my 29 gallon tank when I first set it up. After a year or so when I started the tank over with new substrate, decorations, etc. I went with a wood stand instead. I prefer them because I think they look better, they distribute the weight better and they hide equipment/supplies better.

Depends on the construction, but if made from tubing, they should be solid as a rock, assuming that all four legs are firmly on the floor.

My brother has a 90 gallon on a metal stand and its rock solid. Been using it for 10 years on freshwater tank. It all depend on the stand.

I'd agree some iron stands are stronger than others. I had a weak 10 gallon stand and a very strong 55 gallon stand. If the legs are formed in 90 degree angle stock it will be very strong.

Back
Top Bottom