is 20k a mistake?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ohio reefer

Aquarium Advice Freak
i have a 120 gal tank. i just recieved 2 400 watt 20k mh bulbs my aquarium is really blue. will i still be able to have the same corals that i had when i had 15k bulbs last year. will i still grow coraline algea pretty quick.

i have 2 x 55 watt pc i was thinking of changing them to the sunlight color will that matter at all?

thanks

mark

I run 20K on my softie reef and it does just fine, but it is less intense than the 15K and you may not see so much increase in coralline. The only thing is, you have to be religious about changing your bulbs, because man oh, my 20K's reaaaally dimmed out towards the end of their span. How tall is your tank?

the depth is about 28". do you think if i run a couple 55watt pc that it willhelp with the blueness? i mean it makes the fish look great but man is it blue!

thanks

mark

Dont judge the bulbs until they have had a chance to run for 4 or 5 days. All MH bulbs need to do a littl eburn in before their color output is true.

Back
Top Bottom