is a 48" aqualight pro too much for a 55 gallon."4

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dorian965

Aquarium Advice Freak
i want to get a 90 gallon reef ready so i dont really want to waist money on lights and have to upgrade later. i know that this is a serious lighting unit but i want the best. i was wondering what you guys and gals thought. is this too much light? am i going to burn up my shrooms and zoos?
thanks, dorian

sorry, it cut it of in the title. its a 2-150 watt hqi halide and 2 96 watt pc actinic.

The 150's should be ok. Just place the shrooms on the bottom of the tank, or in shaded area to prevent over exposure. This sounds like a nice setup though. You're right. It is better to do it right the first time to prevent additional purchases.

Mike

I have that same set-up 2 150w MH and 2 96w actinic PC on my 55. I have some shrooms but mostly LPS and SPS with 2 softies and anemones. Everything is doing fine. Just make sure you acclimate them to the new lighting.

are you happy with this fixture? also, how would you guys suggest acclimating. im going from 160 watt no to 500 and the ficture will be on legs, not suspended.
aquareefer, do you have a problem with heat? do you use the legs or hanging bracets?

Back
Top Bottom