Is a need for top center brace for 120 reef tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

goode11

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I found my top center brace broken on my 120 reef all glass tank do I need to repair it.

YES. it is designed to provide support the tank and prevent it from bowing and potentially shattering the tank.

I will say that I have a 55 gallon that the brace broke last spring and yes there is a slight bow but it does not seem to effect the tank. However you tank is twice the size so there is more stress on the glass.

I have looked and have not found a replacement piece. You may be able to contact the manufacturer of the tank and order one directly from them.

YES. it is designed to provide support the tank and prevent it from bowing and potentially shattering the tank.

I will say that I have a 55 gallon that the brace broke last spring and yes there is a slight bow but it does not seem to effect the tank. However you tank is twice the size so there is more stress on the glass.

I have looked and have not found a replacement piece. You may be able to contact the manufacturer of the tank and order one directly from them.

So I have found a few places that have frames for larger tanks. Of you want the info let me know

I know this thread is a little old but I had the same problem with my 125 gallon tank. I took a piece of 3/16 metal and cut a strip off just big enough to fit under the center brace. Then I drilled four holes through the center brace and metal piece. I took four pop rivots and used them to fasten the center brace and the metal together for a solid new center brace. Then just to be safe I used this stuff called Q-BOND, its like the ultimate plastic resin or super glue, and put that across the crack. I filled up the tank and it seemed to work better than it ever did before. If you want to see pics let me know. I hope everything worked out for you.

Back
Top Bottom